Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, August 27, 2012

Madagascar...Finally!!

We made it here finally! Madagascar is the coolest place ever. Our first day or two were spent in the main city, Antananarivo. Then, after all the meetings, we got our companions and headed to our new homes. 
Antananarivo- Madagascar's Capital (view from the Mission office)

My trainers name is Elder Morgan, he's been in the country about 8 months. (Check out Elder Taylor Morgan's blog listed under Missionary Friends on the side bar. He says some fun things about Elder Moulton!!) We live with two other guys from Utah, our house is sick. Lots of fun, and way bigger than I thought it'd be. Two stories. 




Our workout room, nice eh?

Our Backyard

Our area is called Analamahitsy, we're out in the sticks, or Ambanavohitra, as people here call it. It's the coolest place ever! We get to walk through rice paddies every day. And it's legit mountain hiking everywhere. We live in the town, but the area is way out on the other side of the mountain. I'm making an online photo album so you can see, because I can't describe it nearly as good as the photos.
 



Elder Taylor Morgan



Pineapples

The very sturdy bridge to our next house!

But this place is awesome, the kids are all insane. We get like 12 kids in every lesson, just cuz they follow us inside and everywhere we go. The kids are puny too, even the older ones, so I can just toss them around, it's fun for everyone. Oh, and the drunks, the drunks are hilarious, they love talking to us. I find I get my best language practice with the kids and the drunks. 





These kids are nuts, they live right by the office. They were shooting us with their guns. 

They LOVE digital watches.


Surprisingly, I haven't gotten sick yet. I eat street food every day. The food is awesome. The people we teach will sometimes give us food, a lot of food. I feel bad cuz I get stuffed and can hardly finish, but I pound it down, cuz they like to watch me eat until I'm done haha.

My first dinner in Analamahitsy, at a nice place called Atlantis.

Some of my first streetfood

1500 Ariary= about 75 cents!!


It's so hard to understand most people. I felt like I had a good grasp on the language until I got here ha, but it's coming along slowly. Pray for me, cuz it's really difficult.

Everything is still pretty new, but it's not as hard to get used to as I thought. 

This place is so different from home, every house is one room, probably half the size of a bedroom back home. Dirt floors, sometimes cement. But it's crazy, I'm so glad I got to come here, coolest place on Earth.

I love you guys!

Taylor


PS- (Sorry if my spelling is ever messed up, the keyboards here are messed up, letters all in different places, kind of a hassle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment