Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, September 3, 2012

Busy in Madagascar!

I'm going to start off by saying that time goes by so much faster out here than at the MTC. Ah, it's so dope here. We got like 30 new investigators this week, I love it.

So, last Wednesday we taught English at our church. Funniest thing ever. Malagasies have the weirdest questions about English, like "What does mean rugged women?" "What does mean to come out of the blue?" "What does mean, she is hot?" I love English class. It's the one time I feel like the smart one haha.

Our church
This is the Lounge, before we decked it out

Our branch is starting a cool program with ward missionaries. The goal is for us to have two members, a guy and a girl with us every day, all day. So far it's going great, I love it. Plus it's fun to have other people our age out working with us.


More about my companion, he's from San Diego, he's been out for like 8 months, and yes, we have the same first name.  Elder Morgan did acting and stuff in high school. He's a way good teacher, I've been learning a bunch, and he's good at getting to be friends with investigators, it's way nice. This week, an Elder Taylor is moving in, because Bergera is getting transferred to Mahajanga, up north.

   


Morgan's birthday party at a members.

Marsh, learning how to shave

I've been taking all the pills you sent with me, everyone loves how many I take, but whatever, I've yet to get sick! This week I tried some weird stuff. First, I tried this stuff called koba. It's like a peanut butter and jelly thing wrapped in this huge green leaf.  

Koba




Also, I tried rano apongo, if that's how you spell it. It's basically the leftover water from cooking rice. Another thing, I tried this stuff called manazava, it's a root kind of like a potato. Our investigator brought us huge bowls of it. Gotta love Mada food. For the most part it rocks, and I love the weird food, gotta try it all once.

The language is still coming, so slowly I hardly notice, but it is, and people are patient. Every time we get a new investigator, I get to challenge them to be baptized at the end of the first visit. It's fun, cuz I don't really know the vocab to make it sound nice and comfortable if that makes sense. Normally I'd be like, "After we go through all of the lessons, and answer any questions you might have, if you pray and feel comfortable, will you prepare to be baptized?" But instead, I say "We believe that after these lessons, you will receive a testimony. Will you be baptized after that?" Very blunt, I love it.

Gloria, she's the first counselor's kid, she's rad.
 
    Gloria took a picture of me after a lesson.


We hardly ever have to cook for ourselves, they tell us not to eat street food... yeah.. anyway... that plus members and investigators, we are always full. Some people feed us too much, ha. I've had to force down a lot. But when we do cook, we just make Presto, it's like ramen noodles.

Anyway, check out the pictures from the lemur park today!! It was awesome.

On the way to the lemur park. More than 30 people in the van. So tight, literally. 



A bigger Chameleon than last time!






Gettin it on with Zabumbafu. 



Talk to you all soon, love you!
Taylor

PS- Not surprisingly, Taylor found this billboard, haha...



I still get to see my girlfriend every now and then (in Sabotsy-Namena)!!



No comments:

Post a Comment