Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

2 Weeks Left 'Til the Big Mada Takeoff!!


Two weeks left, the wait it killing us. Last Friday, we had culture day. We looked at pictures, listened to stories, and possibly best of all, we got to listen to Malagasy music. They have some super crunk underground rap, let me tell you. I am so stoked to buy some of that. Culture day was sick, it's a bummer though, because it was Bro Sender's last lesson here. He left Saturday to go home to Ohio for two weeks, so we either won't get to see him again, or we'll see him on our last morning here. So it's been Bro Sell teaching all day every day now, but he's one of the coolest guys ever.

Kabosy- Mada guitar

Today and next Tuesday are the last time we'll be able to go to the temple for 2 years, so nuts. I'll have all the family names you gave me done by then though, so I'll send them home soon. It's basically the only planned part of our P-Days here, ha, we have so much free time on Tuesday's. So we just nap it up. And last week, Mitchell, Eppich and I had a slingshot war in the hallway with our rubber exercise bands.

So, last Thursday we had our first SYL day. (Speak Your Language). We spoke only in Malagasy all day. It was hard, but super helpful, we've been doing it a lot more now too. I think I can officially say now that I know more Malagasy than Spanish. I finally stopped slipping Spanish in when I talk, ha.


Sunday was the best. We had mission conference, so between meetings we had a few hours to kill. We watched almost every video on Mormon.org. Johnny Lingo, The Phone Call, FInding Faith in Christ, etc. It was so nice watching movies...I miss it. I've already heard a ton about the new Batman, definitely the one of the first things I'm doing when I get home, not that I'm constantly thinking about it or anything ha.

What else.. It was a crazy fast week, so I can't remember a lot. Oh! We get to host new kids tomorrow, for a few hours. We're officially the oldest district in our Zone now, the Indo's left yesterday. So crazy, it went by so fast. Also, we get flight plans on Thursday, and I get my very first haircut tomorrow. The dreaded MTC haircuts, oh man..

Anyway, like I said, this week was quick, Next week will be my last update for almost two weeks! The P-Days in Mada are on Monday, and we leave on a Monday, so I'll have lots of sick stories for you then. Love you guys, talk to you soon!

Taylor





No comments:

Post a Comment