Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

6 Days 'til our Mada Adventure begins!!



Hey everyone! We're finally getting down to the end. Not that it's too bad here, but compared to Madagascar... I want to leave! This is our last P-Day here. We're doing our last temple sesh today. 

We leave the 20th. We fly from Salt Lake to Chicago, then have a 2+ hour layover. Then Chicago to London, then a 12 hour layover. Then London to JoBurg, South Africa, then a few hours to kill until we take a puddle jumper to Mada. I AM SO STOKED. It'll take about two days to get there. (Family: I'll call you guys from the Chicago Airport, wish I knew the specific time, I'll try calling a few times if no one is home, it'll be too much of a hassle calling from London.) Oh, and we're traveling in two groups. Six guys in one group, and me and two others in the other. I'm the travel leader, haha, no pressure. Luckily even though we're all in different groups, we'll be together a big chunk of the time.





So last Wednesday we got to host. So much fun. It was kind of weird to see new people come in and how sad a lot of people are, especially after we've been here so long. But it was fun, you have to kind of baby everyone because they're so freaked ha. I was the same I'm sure. It was so nice to get to do something out of the ordinary, especially after 7 weeks of the same thing. We get to do it again tomorrow.

We still teach almost every day, but it's hard to remember specifics after doing it so much. I'm starting to love teaching, Bro Sell says we've gotten really good at teaching to needs. I love going into a lesson with a plan, then not even being able to teach it because the investigator has other questions. We were going to teach one investigator, Tahiry, about the Plan of Salvation, but while we were getting to know him, we randomly started talking about his family, and spent like 40 minutes just talking about ways to help them accept the gospel. That's just an example, we have stuff like that all the time, I love it. Can't wait to do it for real.

We got a new teacher this week, he's replacing Bro Pixton, and he speaks Malagasy. It's so nice having two teachers that speak the language, not that Pixton wasn't cool. The new guys' name is Bro Burton. I guess he knew Brittany at EFY? And he knows our cousin Drew. Random. Anyway, he's super cool, and he's a way good teacher. He's able to clear up some grammar stuff that has never made sense to me.

Oh yeah, so I missed my haircut appointment because of hosting, so my hair is still pretty long. Trying to get it cut again today. Pretty exciting huh? 

Another bit of info before I talk about the week. This is my last time being able to email for 2 weeks. My next letter will be from Madagascar! Mail is crazy slow in Madagascar. And if I am anywhere outside the capital, it can take weeks longer (or months) to get it. So I would prefer to email everyone whenever possible. So email me instead of writing from now on everyone!  taylor.moulton@myldsmail.net  I'll do my best to write back when I have time. Oh, also, tell Conner sorry, I wrote him, and a few days later, the letter came back all messed up with a big return to sender thing. No idea what happened. But tell him I'm sorry and to try to email me! I'm stoked for him and Jesse to get here in the next few weeks.




Yeah, that thing with all the names on it is a shirt that all the Orem High Elders sign when they go through. I gave it to Lane, who gave it to Peter, who gave it to Kyle, who gave it to Chariton. That's
just in the past 2 or 3 weeks. It's way cool.



I realized that I had a ton of pictures of us laying on the ground during study. Ha, I promise that doesn't happen as often as it looks. It's not nearly that layed back.

Sometimes Taylor doesn't even need to lay on the floor...haha!!




See...he does really study!!

I'll talk to you when I get to Chicago, and I'll write again in a few weeks! Thanks for the family stories, from both you and Mom. I love you guys. Talk to you guys soon!

Taylor

P.S.  A good Gasy phrase for you guys: "Aza mirarotra saka be loha." It means "Don't rip me off". But the real translation is "Don't sell a cat with a big head." We all enjoy that one, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment