Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

More adventures in the MTC!

This week went by ridiculously fast. All week I couldn't remember what week we were on either. But week 7 officially begins tomorrow! And we should be getting our flight plans for Madagascar pretty soon, I am so stoked, you have no idea. I know we still have stuff to learn, but if I could leave right now I would!

Anyway, we got new roommates last Wednesday. Elder Davidson and Fuller. They're both from Utah, and they're cool guys. Not as crazy as our last roommates, but still fun guys. I think we might have scared the heck out of them when they got here. Just so you know, a few minutes after you enter the MTC, one of the first places you go is your residence, and when they got up to our room and opened the door, we all ran up the stairs screaming, all nine of us, and started shaking their hands and yelling and getting all pumped for new people, it was hilarious. This is the THIRD set of English speakers that we'll see leave before we get to.

Oh, and Kyle got here! I see him a bunch, we've got some photos. He's companions with the guy who plays the teenage Joseph Smith in the movie, it's so random, that would happen to Kyle. I think his name is Elder Whitaker. I asked him if he remembered Laurie and Tiff and he got way stoked, he said he stinking loves them, so you'll have to tell them that I ran into him. He's a cool guy.

A few more fun stuff before I get into some stories, a few days ago, Bro Sender taught us a bunch of different Gasy games. It's hilarious what kind of stuff the people in Madagascar think is funny. There's a game called Valo Mahafanaritra (Great Eight), and literally all you do is sit in a circle, and count to eight and whoever has to say eight has to do this little dance thing when they say it, Malagasy's think it's hilarious haha. I love the days when all we do is talk about people in Madagascar, I am so excited to go out and meet all of them.

Oh, one more thing. So Elder Austin, in my district, has been craving Taco Bell ever since we got here, I've never heard anyone talk about it more. One of the Malay's in our Zone had to go to the doctor, and he came back with two massive bags of burritos. It was the best surprise ever! Elder Austin ate 4, and the rest of us got to split the other like 14, ha. Best thing to end class with.

Taylor and Elder Austin
Onto lesson stuff.

We taught Miandry last week, and we're finally making progress. I tried teaching him how to pray once, and he prayed to Jesus instead of Heavenly Father. So the other day, I taught him again, and I didn't notice, but when I was explaining what prayer is, I was trying to say "Rainao" (Your Father), but I said "Rano", which means water. So instead of praying to Heavenly Father, Miandry prayed to the Waters of Heaven. Third times the charm, I'll be teaching him again this week, haha. But other than that, the lesson was SO awesome, for one of the first times, I was able to say everything quickly and clearly. TRC was like that this past week too, I usually stink at getting to know people and doing small talk, but in TRC we spent like half the lesson talking about school and stuff we like to do with our investigator.

Another cool investigator story. The past few days, I've been pretty bummed, not even sure why, but I decided to volunteer to be a missionary in a role play. The investigator was named Laura, and the challenge was to rely only on the Spirit for a while and say whatever we were thinking. I asked her if she would be baptized, and she said she didn't want to. After some digging, I figured out that it was because she didn't want to commit or get tied down. I felt like I should ask her about her marriage, because that was one thing she seemed to really love. I compared baptism to marriage, saying it's maybe a little nervewracking before, and it takes some getting used to, but with time, you grow to love it. She got a lot more open after that, and set a date. I was so stoked! It totally got me out of my rut seeing how the Spirit can lead a lesson.

Anyway, there you go, there's my spiritual story for the week. Oh, and to answer your question, I won't be here when Conner gets here. We leave the early afternoon of the 20th, if everything goes according to plan. And he gets here a few days after, but Peter will be here still.

OHS buddies- Elders Mitchell, Sargent, Moulton & Shumway

Elders Peter Molnar, Taylor Moulton & Lane Mitchell 

That's about all for this week, love you guys!

Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment