Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Approaching Hump day in the MTC


Another week down. This week we hit a month here at the MTC. Only one more to go and we're out! It's been an awesome week. The first few days are crazy slow, the next two weeks you get used to things, then the past week and a half have flown.


Where to start, it's been so much fun. Last week Jensen and I officially dropped written notes for our lessons. It's super hard, but I love being put on the spot now, it forces me to think fast and it helps me to realize how much I know. We picked up a new investigator named Miandry on Friday, and another one on Saturday, named Riri. So we teach every single day now. We can teach a solid half hour to 45 minutes now. It's really simple concepts, but it's way fun, I can finally understand and have little conversations with investigators. I'll work on filming a little conversation so you can hear it. Bro Sender told us that he wasn't off notes by the time he left the MTC, so we're doing really good. Lots of studying and massive amounts of prayer.

A few pics from our less serious study time:







So funny story, Elder Naef, a guy in my district from Portland, was telling us a story last week about when he worked for septic services in Portland. So many horrible poop-related accidents. I've never laughed so hard, but needless to say, my district now knows about my extremely weak stomach.


Another nice adventure, last weekend we celebrated the weekend (which is no different than any other day) by building a blanket fort in my room and having district scripture study. It was like a bunch of little five year old bois running around, all hyped up on candy. So much fun.



Speaking of candy, thank you for the packages! Both you (Mom) and Sister Molnar have sent lots of candy. My entire district has been well fed all week. We almost finished an entire 41 ounce bag of Skittles just last night. EVERYONE was way too energetic.





Another fun thing we did, on Saturday before TRC (teaching investigators) we did a Malagasy activity. We blindfolded half the district, and had to lead them around the MTC in Malagasy, it was super fun, and super dangerous. I may or may not have ended up in the bushes and falling over chairs that the Frenchies set up as roadblocks. But our Malagasy directions have never been better. Speaking of French, guess what we get to learn? French numbers. Apparently for money and time, they use French a lot in Mada. So that'll be one of my next goals, trying to nail down French numbers.

Ah, I almost forgot about Sunday. Sunday was so awesome. Jenny Oaks Baker spoke for the devotional. She's Dallin H Oaks' daughter. She got a music Masters or whatever from Juliard. I guess there's a Mormon Message about her if you wanna check it out. She played a bunch of instrumental violin music, holy crap, it was so good. Probably my favorite fireside yet. Plus her kids played a song, and her son was plucking away on a classical guitar. I was so jealous. After the fireside we watched "Legacy". I know it's a serious movie, but holy cow, a few of us could not stop laughing.

Also, Jay left on Sunday, and Spencer left this morning. I got lots of pics with them before they left. Spencer got a temp reassign to go to Alabama for a month. So funny. Good ol' 'bama. And Pete comes in tomorrow! I'll keep my eye out for him.



Last bit of news, we get over 30 newbie's in our zone tomorrow! It's going to more than double our zone size. So pumped.

Sorry if I forgot anything, I'm always rushed when I write. Love you guys!
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment