Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, July 1, 2013

What a sick week, ha!


Alright, now don't freak out Mom, but I've been pretty sick this week. Don't worry, President Adams already knows, health couples already know, and I've been to the doctor a bunch. Literally everything we can do we've done. So let me explain.

Two weeks ago, I woke up with a way bad pain in my right butt cheek. Way random. But I powered through it all week, but last Monday, I woke up and I could hardly walk. It got worse and worse every day. Then my knees and ankles started swelling way bad. Stinking huge. I had to have the guys carry me around everywhere because I walked like an old man. Actually kind of funny, because the worst day was this past Wednesday, which is the Malagasy independence day. HUGE holiday. So many people thought I was drunk as they watched Marsh carry me around on his back.

I hardly got any sleep ever because of how bad my legs were killing me. I have no idea where it came from, I haven't hurt them or fallen or done anything crazy. But we've gone to doctors. 



Dying.


Trying to make a leg brace thing out of socks


Marsh pulling me to our next time

Funny story. I was telling the doctor that the pain started in my butt, and she immediately started squeezing my bare butt cheek checking for anything weird. Then they gave me a fat shot in my butt to make the swelling go away. Then a different doctor ultrasounded my whole lower body. Interesting day. Then another doctor drew my blood and we just got the results back. No idea what they mean, it's French.. but Pres Adams is gonna look at them and call me.


At the doctor after my ultrasound


As of right now, I can walk without any help, I just have to take it slow. The swelling is gone, but my bones still feel like their grinding together, so that's way nice. I stayed off my feet for a good few days. On Thursday, Marsh left in the morning, and 2 guys from the JAS came over and chilled with me all day, then at the end of the day, they carried me to the hotely so we could eat some rice.


Teaching Stefan and Refilo how to play Risk

Ramafa helping me stumble back home after a bowl of soup


So.. that's all the news for this week. Just me dying on my bed, sweating and freezing at the same time, high temperature, legs swelling huge for no reason. But.. I did make it to church still. The whole branch was asking how I was, that got around pretty fast. But like I said, don't freak out, I think it's about over now.


Ramahafadrohana
Dimby

Other news.. 3 potential baps this Saturday. We made an announcement, made sure everyone knew it was happening this time. So hopefully this baptism goes better than the last one did.

Talk to you soon, love you, Taylor

P.S.  Weirdest thing I've eaten in Mada.. good question. Most weird stuff I've eaten is only here, so I have no idea what they are in English. Obviously, people here don't waste any food. So not too long ago, I was chilling on the side of the road with a bunch of people eating pure deep fried fat, wrapped in more fat to keep it together. That was pretty gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment