Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, July 8, 2013

Another exciting baptism...


Surprise everyone, results came back. I guess I have some kind of rheumatoid arthritisSo that's weird, I thought only old people deal with that? I figure it's kind of my luck though. I have been doing better this last week though. Like.. I was able to walk on my own. So that's good ha. I am taking medicine 3 times a day, but my feet are still pretty bad. We go out and work every day, but sometimes we call it a little early because my feet are killing me. We're just gonna watch it for a few more weeks I guess, see if it goes away or not with the medicine. It all makes a good story though I guess. People on the street like verbally noticing that I walk like an old man when I walk down stairs or off curbs ha.

Anyway, so when I first got to Mada, I visited this girl, Nadia, a recent convert, and her sister's family like every week. Turns out that she lives here in Ambolomadinika. We visit her family again now. It's weird being able to understand her this time around ha, I hadn't seen her in like 8 months.

Um.. so the baptism this Saturday almost turned out like the last one. Classic case of thinking we're doing a combined baptism with the other missionaries, so they make the bap program, then they fall through the morning of. I'm not sure why they don't make sure ahead of time.. but anyway. We had to call people and scramble to make a program again. But at least we had power and water this time. It was just Henrie who got baptized this week. We didn't have to do a crazy amount of teaching with him though, he lives with his grandma, who is already a member, so it was just a few lessons of reviewing and all that jazz, then we baptized him. But hopefully in the next few weeks we can get some investigator families close to baptism.


Us with Henrie


So trondro maina (dry fish) is a pretty popular topping here. I've only had it once, but Drohana made it yesterday for lunch and dinner. I sent pictures. I thought Dad would like them. The fish are so small that you just eat them plain. Not bad, but there was no coming back from that breath. My breath was wretched, I brushed my teeth like 4 times. I love having the Gasy's here in the house. We have tons of fun.

Patsa, tiny way salty fish we had for lunch, and dinner last night




Fitahiana, my favorite dirty, cheap hotely here

Bad angle, but these bananas are the size of my thumb. Sweetest bananas ever, way good.

Um.. not much news from this week. I was kind of taking it slow. We'll see how it goes this week. 


My foot is fine now, as far as the fleas. It seems that everyone gets them every now and then. Just from being on the beach. But after I cut it out, it was fine.Talk to you next week!


Taylor


P.S.    Enjoy a few random pics...



Chilling before church


Walking home with Rodylys and Edino

They use beer caps as washers, everywhere






No comments:

Post a Comment