Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, March 4, 2013

Mixed Emotions...

When I first got to Mada, I thought that Analamahitsy was a crowded, busy place.. But after a few days here in Ampefiloha, Analamahitsy seems like a peaceful retirement community out in the countryside. This inner city is so dirty. I'll learn to love it sometime soon though. Towards the end of my stay in Analamahitsy, I was dying to get transferred, it's all I thought about. But on Thursday morning as I jammed all my bags in the taxi and drove off by myself.. oh man, I lost it. I just stared around at the place I lived for the past six months. I was so sad, I started crying. Not a ton okay? I'm not a baby! But I was bummed. The taxi driver lives in Analamahitsy, too. So I just talked to him about how awesome the place is.

It's hard to get transferred to a new area. the best way I can describe it is like going to a high school for three years, then having to change schools at the beginning of senior year. Everyone at your new school loves the school, but all you can think about is how much you loved your old school. That's exactly what it feels like.

The new house is so different. The old house was two stories, had a balcony and a yard, and the new place is just one floor at the top of a flight of stairs. Two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a little dining room. No balcony or yard. It's nuts, definitely no more lounging out on the balcony at the end of the night. But like I said before, I guess I just have to give it time. 

All that aside, I can always count on members to make me feel at home right away. The ward is ginormous. We had 175 people at church yesterday. The most I've ever seen before that was 140, and that was on Christmas. We are in the massive orange church that I sent pictures of a few months ago.

As for transfers. Hamm and Mitchell are staying in their same places. Reinhard is in Anjanahary, it's not too far away, but I still haven't seen him. We're not in the same zone though, so it might be a while. Mitchell was actually supposed to train, but there were some problems, so he didn't get to, we were all so bummed for him.

Anyway, it's kind of just an update on the area this week, maybe when I have some stories here I can fill you all in. Talk to you soon.

Taylor


Enjoy yourselves some pics from Analamahitsy (my old area):



Missionaries




Mada Life




Malagasy People...I love them!!











No comments:

Post a Comment