Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, February 11, 2013

Anything goes...

Well, I can officially say that my cooking makes small children cry now. Last Tuesday was Alfa's (first counselor's daughter) birthday, so they invited us over for dinner. I told them I would bring brownies. So I whipped up a pan of them, following my trusted American recipe. Upon passing out the brownies, I thoroughly enjoyed them, and so did everyone else, or at least they made it look like they did. But their younger daughter, Gloria started pouting a ton, whining that they were too sweet. Haha, I guess Malagasies aren't used to the American kick in food. Alfa told me they were good, but only had one haha. I was laughing so hard, there's another knock off the bucket list I guess, ruin a family birthday party.

Anyway, the parties didn't stop there this week. The bar/epicerie up the street from our house hosted a massive beer party a few nights back. We ran up and had a good time talking with all the drunks. I was looking for a street vendor who might be selling shirts, but they had already left. There was a huge van, with amps stacked on top of the roof, blasting music. If I wasn't a missionary.. I wanted to get on top of that roof and get some crowd surfing going. I'll save it for when I come back after the mission I guess.



We got invited to another dinner this past week, too. Out in Ambohimangakely. We met up with a few other missionaries on Saturday evening and met up at this lady, Tendry's, house. They made us rice and a few different kinds of toppings. One of them was these little crab things, they look like crawdad's. I tried it, but I stuck with the beans. We played a bunch of cheesy games with them that I feel like BYU freshmen would really like.. ha. Pretty cheesy, but Malagasies love games like that. Dickson and I entertained a few of them by yelling at each other in Batman voices. They had no idea what we were saying, but I guess the over-exaggerated deep grunts make anyone laugh.


Faniry's baptism is set! This Saturday afternoon. She had her interview yesterday after church. I get to do the baptism, first one! 8 months in! Better late than never ha. I'm stoked. It'll probably be the only one I see in this area, depending on if I leave this month or not.

Okay, I guess I can try to share at least one thing related to teaching now. I always struggle focusing on that when I write because I want to cover everything else. But we did have a cool time with an investigator earlier this week.

He lives way out in the middle of nowhere (I feel like everyone does) by a rice paddy, in a one room shack, like a fourth the size of my bedroom back home. He told us on Tuesday that he is getting kicked out of his house in two months because he is behind on rent. 9000 Ar a month (about $4.50 a month). He works really hard repairing radios, but he doesn't make enough to keep up on rent. It was a huge bummer telling him we couldn't help him. He's way diligent. I shared Ether 12:6 with him and told him that this is a trial of his faith, and that if he is diligent in learning and gets baptized, then 2 months is more than enough time for God to make a miracle happen in his life. He really liked the scripture, I already know he'll get baptized, it's just a matter of time.

To end the week, I got to shoot the breeze with this guy out in Ambatobe. I was walking on this sketchy path and heard him playing a way out of tune guitar, I looked over and said hey to him and he invited us over. I fixed up the tuning, then he had me teach him a few chords. It was way fun, playing around on the guitar in the mud, with a ton of people hanging out their windows to watch the white guys ha.



Today was SUCH a sick P-Day. We went out to Ambohimangarova (Lemur Park) and Landon and Fox went in to see lemurs, and Smithson, Dimby, Hamm and I decided to go on a hike. We walked through a ton of puny villages on the path and out across some rice paddies. I've never been in a more middle of nowhere place. I know I say everything is the middle of nowhere, but it was so sick. Mountain paths here stink, so we had to hike straight up this way sketchy path right up the face of the mountain. It was just like going hiking back home. Most tiring thing I've done here for sure. I was drenched in sweat. I can't explain the place, you'd have to see it to believe it! Be watching for pictures in the near future.

Anyway, have a good one, next week again.

Taylor



Here are a few more pics to enjoy:


















No comments:

Post a Comment