Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, October 8, 2012

Random Happenings in Mada!

Alrighty.. where to start. SO everyone is freaking out about the mission age being changed haha, thanks for the spoiler alert everyone! But it really is crazy. We don't get to watch conference til the 21st and 22nd of this month, everyone had a little freak out when we heard, but yeah, we still have a while til we can see it. So how it works, on Saturday, we watch all six hours in English, then on Sunday, we watch the other four in Gasy at our church. But that's only Tana missionaries, everyone else has to watch it all in Gasy.

Anyway, it was a quick week. Funny story: So I carry 3 or 4 pictures with me in my scriptures, just of family and friends, so we can always have a good way to get conversations going with investigators. One of our investigators was looking at a picture of the family, and she was freaking out when she found out Brittany is 23. Whenever I explain Brittany or Kaesi to people I just tell them my sisters are foy be, or pretty much, stinking short. Most people here are probably about my shoulder heighth. But a few random people are taller than me.


Oh, and I bought my guitar. So stoked! I pick it up in a week. The body and neck are baobab (a tree that only grows here) and the fretboard and bridge are hazomena (I'm assuming rosewood from the name). All I need now is that set of American strings and I'll be set. I'm definitely considering getting a kabosy here too at some point, I heard a guy playing one in the shop and knew I needed one. They only have them here, and they sound so sick.   

Ordering our guitars (w/ Elders Marsh & Taylor)

Last week we helped a lady move, it was good to help, cuz all she had was her and her kid, but it was rough. We had to move everything she had across the rice paddies. At night. I used to love the rice paddies, but they're starting to become my enemies. It's like walking on a balance beam, while carrying someone's furniture. Good times. I may or may not have fallen in to the rice paddies once. Not bad, but my freshly shined shoes got dirtier, faster than usual, that's for sure.

Another random story. Last Monday, after we moved the lady, we were having trouble getting a taxi, and I saw a car barreling down the road. So as a joke, I starting jumping around like a maniac, flailing my arms and screaming a bloodcurdling scream. I was screaming for help, in English, so I didn't think they would care, especially because we're white. But the car pulled over, and this Arabic guy was stoked to give us a ride. He turned out to be this high up guy in a cell phone company in Africa, he was loaded, such a nice car. He spoke English too. We scored a free ride from an English speaking Arabic in Madagascar. Normal yeah.

Not much else is new here. 4 missionaries come this month from the MTC, 1 missionary comes in December, then I don't know after that. Malagasies come too, but I'm just counting people coming from the MTC in Provo. People come every 2 months. The investigators are slowly progressing, people learn well, but we still struggle getting people to church. Even after our good turnout last week.

Talk to you all soon, Taylor.


Random pics of the guys..Enjoy!


Elder Matthew Taylor

Andry, looking fly as ever.

Elder Taylor Morgan


Elder Hayden Marsh

Got some good Malagasy Mexican food at Tex-Mex



No comments:

Post a Comment