Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, October 1, 2012

100 days in!!

This week was really good. Understanding people is so huge.. obviously. I can feel my teaching getting better though, now that I'm slowly catching things that people say. Malagasies are so blunt. If you're bad at something, they'll tell you. People tell me I stink all the time haha, but on the other hand, they are also way nice when you do good. I hear that I'm way good just as often. Even just walking up to a seller and saying hi and asking how much something is.. some of them freak out, so excited that a vazaha is speaking Malagasy. It's fun stuff.

Yeah, this week was so much different than last week. Night and day. Morgan and I had a really good week. Yesterday we had 16 investigators at church, the most I'd seen before that was six or seven. It was so awesome. And it was the Primary Program, we didn't even know it would be when we got there. But everyone loved it. It's exactly the same as the programs back home. You've got a ton of kids, trying to sing over each other, trying to see their parents, and kids that talk really loud in the microphone when it's their turn to recite a scripture. So funny. And I'm sure Mom would've been crying.


Cool story. So a few weeks ago, one of the guys we teach in Manajary said he wouldn't come to church because his daughter was getting surgery on her ear, plus the fact that he hasn't really been wanting to come anyway. But her ear was in pretty bad shape, so we prayed for his daughter a lot, and went back on Saturday. He was so happy to see us. We asked how the surgery went and he said that they went to the doctor and there was nothing wrong with his daughter. Ah, I was so stoked. He was so happy, he told us he knew it was a blessing from God, and he was way more open to hearing our lesson. Hopefully that kicks him into gear.

Anyway, lots of good stuff this week. We played with kids a lot this week. So...you know the scene in Daddy Day Care where he's throwing the kids in the air and then they all want to keep going? That was us for three days straight. We played a bunch of games, every night I came home and I was covered from head to toe in red dirt. So much fun, plus the kids parents love watching us. We got a few new investigators too, just from playing with like 25 kids every day. 
Kids love playing with arm hair too. It's strange, they love twisting it in their fingers, I guess most people don't really have it here.






One of my favorite kids out in Manjaka, he just finished crying.


I'm way lucky to have such a good house, we're already way good friends. Taylor is from Florida, and Marsh's name is Hayden. He's from Tree Mountain (Tremonton?) or however it's spelled, in Utah. He's been in Mada 3 months now, he's right ahead of me. And people come in every two months. So we have people coming the middle of this month, then the middle of December.

The conference we had was Tana, Ft Dauphin, and Mahajanga. Steele is in Tamatave now, so I haven't seen him. But me and Mitchell have both talked to him on the phone. Everyone here is in the loop on everything. We don't live too close to other missionaries, it's just that we all meet at the office from wherever we live. Like I live an hour or so from Mitchell. But I think there's like 40 missionaries in Tana, I haven't met them all though.





First planner finished!

Anyway, that's about the update for now, things are going up now. Investigators are seeming to learn better, and we're getting people at church, way exciting. And, I'm ordering my guitar today. We'll see what happens this next week. Thanks again for the letters. The pics of the house look way good! I think it's a mix of it looking way good, and seeing home again, haha. It's good to hear that people in the ward ask about me, haha. Anyway, thanks for everything. Talk to you soon! 

Love you. Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment