Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, September 10, 2012

Fleas?! Diarrhea?! It's ok...I love it here!!

I'm going to start off by mentioning a few things I've noticed may be unique to my mission, or at least unique to a mission in a 3rd world country.

First off, fleas.. good Ghandi, the fleas! I thought I was invincible the first few weeks because I didn't get bit once, and everyone else was, then sometime last week I woke up with a ton on my stomach and arms. I counted in the shower, I stopped counting at like 54 bites or something, and I didn't even get down to my legs.

Second, I realized that seeing breastfeeding during a lesson, or life in general, has become second nature. It caught me off guard the first couple of times, but now.. I've become very good at keeping eye contact with people. 

Third, and this may be a little gross, but people need to know. Me and Morgan were talking the other day and we realized that only in this mission, you can't say you're sick when you have diarrhea, because everyone gets it regularly. 

This is a conversation we had, "Hey man, you sick?"
"Nah, I just had some diarrhea."
"Oh, okay cool, let's go out and work."

Anyway, Bergera left the other day, and Elder Taylor moved in. Way cool guy, he goes home in the end of January. We all chill in our room and talk every night, plus he lets me play his guitar. Speaking of, next Monday, I'm going to the guitar guy to order my guitar. I'm meeting up with Elder Mitchell today to see how his turned out. I sketched out a pretty cool Madagascar thing that I'm gonna have the guy put on the back when he makes mine, so stoked!!

Also, we had zone conference on Saturday, all day, it was good. Elder Cook, one of the Seventy living in Africa came.

To be honest, this was kind of a slow week, so I don't have a lot of stories, but it was a good week. Our member help is going strong, and we have some AWESOME investigators. Right now we teach these two girls, Voary and Hiaingo, and they're already super diligent, I love teaching them. But they're only 2 of the 50 something investigators, on top of all the RCLA's (Recent converts, less actives) we teach as well.

Oh, story for the pictures I'm uploading. On Bergera's last night, we had a huge dinner, and celebrated by buying like 300 pieces of Mr Boom, some really cheap gum here. Each Mr Boom has a pretty bogus tattoo inside, so we saved like 250 of them, and put them ALL on Morgans back. Took forever. Don't worry, he washed them off the next morning.



Mr. Broom Tat's


250 something tattoos. Took us forever.

Oh, English class, another good one. I wish I had a video. We tried teaching one of the guys how to pronounce "beach". Ah, it's the simple things in life.. But to answer you're question, we get a few members at English class, but people from all over come, we don't do mission work when we teach because it's a service. We probably get like 10 people every time.


About the branch. We usually get like 100-115 people there, and like 6 or 7 investigators each week. We go to the investigator class after sacrament, then we sit in on Elders Quorum. So yep, all 3 hours.

And yeah, my nickname, haha, people here laugh at anything. We were getting to know some new investigators, and I was telling them what some of my favorite food is, and instead of saying I love tsaramaso, I told them I was tsaramaso. They were laughing soooo hard. Brunette, the member who helps us a few days a week, calls me tsaramaso every time I see her without fail. So yeah, that's my new name, how fun. The other members have other names for me depending on what thing I mess up on during lessons. Like sometimes I'll say a word that turns out not to be a real word, and they laugh, to which I tell them that it is a real word, and that I know Malagasy better than they do, haha. Always a good time with the members.

In the video "Tsiky tsiky tsara" is what I was saying, it just means "smile". That's another thing people think is hilarious, they laugh every time I say it ha.

It is pretty cold at night here, but not horrible, it's warmer when it's cloudy at night, and we're getting a lot of clouds now, and a little rain. Oh, and how we get around. We walk mainly. A lot! Miles and miles. Sometimes we catch a bus or a taxi, if it's really far, or if we have extra money for traveling, but 90 percent of the time, we walk. 

Pics of typical things we see as we are walking...












The photo doesn't show the end of the line, we had like 20 of them following us. 

It's called a dukich. Mix between a duck and a chicken. So weird. 

Brick World...All of it is handmade.

I went on splits with Marsh one night, we partied with the kids. 






Anyway, that's all, I'll talk to you all later!

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment