Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, September 16, 2013

Big week ahead...I'm so stoked!!!!!!


So it was an outrageously big transfer last night. Elder Jensen and Austin (from my group) are whitewashing Ambolomadinika, Dimby is training, and so am I. Elder Eppich from my group is coming to Tamatave, too, but he'll be in the other house. I'm so stoked, I didn't think I'd be seeing a change this transfer, cuz Elder Webb and I have only been together for 6 weeks. He's my 3rd comp in a row that only lasted 6 weeks.

I'm so stoked for this week though. 9 of us missionaries from Tamatave get our own taxibe on Wednesday and get to do the 8 hour roadtrip through the jungle back to Tana. And we get to stay the night in Analamahitsy (which is where Webb is moving, and was my first area obviously). It's gonna be a way fun week. Tons of other changes too, but I'm too lazy to go over them. We get our trainee's on Thursday afternoon, and will probably get a bus back to Tamatave that night. So that's the excitement in my life.

Anyway in other news.. we have a few investigators getting married soon. Marriage problems are the biggest problem in this mission, and I have never seen anyone even try to get legally married my whole mission, so I'm pretty stinking happy. Two families are working on getting their papers done soon. It's kind of sad, because is costs 30,000 Ar. (15 bucks), but to them that's a ton.. so we have goals with them for them to save 3000 a week and to get married in like 2 or 3 months. Way diligent families, I love them. One family is a whole family that got baptized back in february, and she had to kick out her husband so she could get baptized and because he was drinking, but in the last month or so, he's completely changed. He comes to church every week, hasn't drunk in a few months, and they are planning on going to the temple a year from the day of the wedding. The other family is a family who has been learning from the missionaries for 4 years and never got the papers done, but they told me on Sunday that they want us to help them organize the wedding because they're ready to go. it's pretty rare to actually see the fruits of other people's labors it seems.. the whole mission seems to always just be planting the seeds for the guys in the future, so it's cool to actually see some things coming together.

Gotta love when stuff like that sunday miracle happens, huh? It's cool how much stuff like that happens, we have "coincidences" like that all the time, like running into people on the road that got baptized 10 years ago, went inactive, and moved to Tamatave and didn't even know there was a church here. That happened a few weeks ago. It happens all the time. I promise a lot of cool stuff happens, I'm always just too lazy to write ha. I haven't missed a day in the journal though.


Love you guys!
Taylor

PS-Yeah, I'm still a sucker for the kids.  People here love it when you play with their kids. (Taylor uploaded pics, but for some reason they didn't come through today. Here are some repeats...some of my favorites!)














No comments:

Post a Comment