Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, November 12, 2012

Mada's great, but America is still the best!


The fleas are under control, for now. People made sure to ask me at church if they were all dead. I sprayed everything with permethrin, sheets, pillow, screen door, wood floor, I even went a little overboard by spraying the cement outside.

I got my package too! Finally. It took like 2 months, just about. Feel free to keep American candy coming. Food is honestly the only thing I feel like I need, junk food.


Anyway, it was another good week. Last P-Day, we played tennis. Well, Morgan did. I stink, and it was burning hot. So I played some games with some of the kids who work at the court. I got home that afternoon, and I was dying of heat, so I got my nice, cold Fanta out of the fridge, and right when I was about to take a drink, a fly dive bombed right down into the soda, and died. Stupidest thing ever. Perfectly good soda, wasted. That was my low point of the week, ha.


I'm stinking jealous of all the snow! Best part of Utah is winter. And Summer, and everything else haha.

So, last Wednesday morning, we knew elections would be finishing. So we blasted American music all morning, we were all singing and feeling all patriotic. We were feeling on top of the world. Then we got to the cyber and.. the high spirits kind of faded.. But, honestly, being here makes it kind of hard for me to ever lose hope in America. No matter what. Unless people go to a third world, corrupt as heck, dirty, and in-shambles country like this, they won't understand how great America is. No matter how bad things get back home, it's nothing compared to an African country. I'm not worried at all about home.

Anyway, that was my speech, hope you liked it ha. Anyway, another story. So on Friday, we were out in Manjaka. The kids there pretty much expect us to throw them around and wrestle. Things got pretty nuts this week. I was stumbling home with a rip in my shirt, mud all over my back, etc. Those kids are insane. But, they like us, so they follow us around to every lesson and just sit and listen. Someday, all 25 of them will be baptized ha. But for now, they just sit and listen.




On Saturday, I went on splits to Sab-Nam with Taylor again. We taught English, and the people wanted top hear some stories. So I told them about when I crashed longboarding (sophomore year) and destroyed my whole body, they were laughing so hard. Then they wanted another, so I told them about my horrible experiences working at Smith's my senior year.


As far as investigators go, we had an awesome turnout at church. We had Herman (different person than Hermin), Lisa, Niriana, Ernestine and Aiena show up. Niriana is Ernestine and Aiena's sister who told them about the church, but was never able to come. So it was cool to finally have all three of them learning in church together with a few of their kids.

We visited Nary and Mahefa last night, too. They're the ones who just started learning and came to church last week. We finished a first with them last night, and I asked them to come to church again, and Nary goes, "Not yet." But then he went on to say that he didn't want to go yet because they still haven't read the Book Of Mormon or been consistent in prayer. He said he wants to be positive that this is what God wants him to do. So cool, usually it takes people forever to realize that they need to pray. I'm positive he'll get his answer and they'll all start coming every week, and be baptized. He always takes a ton of notes during lessons and asks tons of questions, and does a lot of research on his own time. We mentioned to him that LDS.org can answer a lot of questions, and he told us he had already been using it a lot, and we hadn't even told him about it before. Pretty sick.



I really am going to miss this place so much, but I still have a ton of time. I'm making sure to get lots of picturs and videos. Every week at church, the same kid comes up and wants to borrow my camera. So I always get a good amount of pictures and video from him running around filming everything. Cameras like blow kids minds here, ha, it's pretty funny. If I take a video, like 12 kids will crowd around pushing each other trying to see the screen.

Transfers come up in two weeks. I think I'll stay here, cuz by the time transfers are here, I'll have been here three months, and Morgan will have been here for 5. So I think either he'll take off, or the area will split. Our area is so big, if we split it, we could visit diligent people more than once a week. We only visit one family twice a week now, but most of the time that's not an option. We don't have the luxury of cars here exactly.

But I love the people I teach, almost every single one of them are people that we found. So I really want to be here to see them baptized, or at least be there to see them through a lot of the lessons. We have some amazing investigators.





Anyway, that's the update for now. Talk to you soon! Love you.


Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment