Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, June 10, 2013

District Conference with Pres. Adams, and yeah...

President and Sister Adams flew up for a few days this week to do a conference with the missionaries, then a District Conference for all of Toamasina. It was way good. They did it all in French, so we got to listen to the Malagasy translator and take it like that.

On Friday, Pres Adams took all 12 of us to the beach and we played volleyball. It got rowdy. President took some falls and the ball to the head, but we all did. It was so fun. He was getting so into it.

Drinking a coconut on the beach sounds better than it really is.


Because of all the conferences all week, we really didn't get a ton of lessons this week. One thing I've noticed out here is how many marriages don't last. It's so depressing. Almost everyone we teach is divorced, or has a spouse who is a drunk, or is a couple living together and aren't married. Almost no one here actually gets married because it's a hassle. We hear the most depressing stories about families separating, every day. It's kind of overwhelming how much it happens. It's sad when a family gets separated back home, and everyone always knows about it, but here, it's almost every family, and it doesn't really bother anyone, cuz everyone is used to it. I guess that's what comes with serving in a pretty new mission though, no one really knows about the church yet.

Anyway. Yeah the power is getting a little better, it still goes out a lot, but it doesn't last for days at a time now. It was way worse before, Marsh said. Yeah we can try the Gasy games when I get home, they're not exactly the kind of card games that I know you guys love ha, more just playing with rocks.

Um, I'm not sure the last name of the girl who is in Utah. Malagasies don't have set family names, they kind of just go by whatever they want, but I know her first name is Jumel. She's in the Ogden mission. Her twin sister is still thinking about going on a mission too, I think, I'll have to ask her. President Adam's fireside with the YSA was all about getting out on a mission.

Yeah, it's alright getting to teach at church a lot, but I won't lie, it's not the first thing I get up and pray for on Sundays. We teach so much anyway, it's kind of nice getting to sit back every once in a while at church. Luckily we have some SIngle Adults who come to whatever class we are at and help us out so the lesson always goes well. Malagasies are pretty shy people, they don't like to ask questions too much. So we have to make up for it by having a ridiculous amount of energy when we teach. It's exhausting ha.

Yeah I really like just chilling with my branch instead of being over a huge stake back home. The mission is great wherever, but I'd take this over anything back home. We become way good friends with people. I'm sure they do back home too though.


I only know of one baptism going on in Ampefiloha. Hoby. And we have a few coming up this weekend. Sorry I haven't told you much about them, I always forget that you guys don't just know everything. I get lazy when I write sometimes. Most of the people getting baptized are just people that Marsh has been teaching forever, so I haven't had too big of a part in teaching them, they were all already diligent when I got here, so all I've done is visit and review with them. Give me another month or so and I should have a new slew of investigators.

I won't hear anything about transfers until the end of this month, but when the news comes, I'll let you know. It'll be like 2 weeks from now. I would be stoked to train though. Plus if I did, I would get to go to Tana for a few days and see everyone which would be fun. Apparently things are getting kind of crazy there with elections and Independence day coming up. We had no idea, we don't hear anything out here. If I hear anything about it though, I'll let you know.

Thanks for writing, talk to you soon, love you.

Taylor

Pics for the week:

These are posiposy's. We have to take them everywhere.



A flea left his family in my foot.

Stoked

This is one of my girlfriends.



No comments:

Post a Comment