Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, April 15, 2013

Oh Mada!!

Well, I finally recovered from that awful sunburn a few weeks ago.. and I scored a new one this week. On Saturday, our ward and the 67th ward missionaries met up in the morning and drove way out to the middle of nowhere to play soccer.

The field was definitely a Malagasy field. No grass, just straight dirt. It was so rough, freaking hot African sun beating down on us, slipping all over the place. And of course all of the Malagasies were pro as ever. It was a way fun game though, after the game we all hauled huge bags of bread and bananas into the shade and got to relax.

Splits again this week, too. I stayed in Ampefiloha, and Elder Ramahafadrohana came out with me. He is from Analamahitsy, he is 25. We had so much fun, I love my Malagasies. We ate a ton of rice, and he taught me an outrageous amount of slang. I got him to come work out with me at the gym, too. I taught him how to use a treadmill, too. He was so weirded out. But he got the hang of it.

I have found a new love for bargaining here, too. I love it, people always try to rip us off because we are white. There is a huge outdoor market that sells a ton of sick stuff, and its so easy to get people to drop prices.

Hey, your'e my friend, I'll give you this watch for 32 thou.

Make it 5

Are you kidding me? My boss will kill me.

I dont need it.

20 thou

This watch was 15

10

5

8

5

Fine.

Thats just one example. I love it, I have so much stuff I dont even need just because its so easy to get stuff for nothing.

Time.. its a strange thing for a mission. They tell it to you the day you enter the MTC, days go by slow, weeks go by fast. Its been pretty spot on in this area. Marsh hits his year mark this Thursday, then my group is next up. Way sick, crazy too.

The new converts are doing good. Lalaina is going to find out in a few weeks if he is getting his green card. He is planning on moving to America. I talked with him for like an hour about it. It would be so sick. I told him that if he goes, they have to visit my home. He would do work in America. I am praying for him and his family to be able to go. 

Anyway, it's a short one this week. Transfer news is this next Sunday, so next week I will let you know of any changes.

Thanks for everything!

Taylor








No comments:

Post a Comment