Jacob 6:2 And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

Cutest video ever!

Cutest video ever...At the very beginning you hear Elder Morgan tell the kids to go find a chameleon (the Malagasy are afraid of chameleons because they think they’re poisonous so it’s always a big deal when the missionaries touch them). Taylor then tells the kids to smile “ Tsiky tsiky tsara”. That cute little boy in the front left is asking, “Is it a picture? Who? Who? Who?” And you hear Taylor tell him it’s a video.

More cute kids!

Ha, when I was talking to all the kids, we were just naming a ton of different "laoka" that they like. Laoka is toppings for rice, they have a ton of kinds, so we were just naming a bunch.

Stories, Comments?

If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Taylor and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Taylor is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So we would love to have any additional stories that he may send to you. Just email them to moultonfamily1@msn.com. THANKS!!

Feel free to make comments to the posts below, and they will be emailed to Taylor. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Letters from Elder Moulton:

Monday, January 14, 2013

New guy in the house!

Well.. Elder Taylor is in America now, pretty sad day, and the punk still hasn't emailed me to tell me how amazing it all is. But we had a good last few days this week. 



Elder Moulton & Elder Taylor
Elders Hamm, Moulton, Taylor, and Landon

On Monday, it was his last P-Day, along with a few other guys from his group, so a ton of missionaries went out to Ampefiloha and had a big lunch at this pizza/burger joint called Kim Star's. Then that night, us four had rice and laoka for dinner with some members at a hotely by the house.







Elder Taylor's last Malagasy meal

On Tuesday, we dropped him off at the office, and Hamm was on a split with us til the next day when his new comp got to the office. The new guy in the house is a Malagasy! I'm stoked, I ask him a ton of questions, but he hasn't told me he's sick of it yet. His name is DIMBY Henri (Malagasies put their family names first, and capitalize the whole thing). So that's my exciting news for the week. To say the least, I've been learning a lot of new vocab, lots of slang, it's dope.

Elders Hamm, Landon, & Dimby


In other news, even with the extreme heat.. I still managed to get a cold this week. It was bad. I went through two massive hankerchiefs in a day, I was dying, but you'd better believe we got in the times we could muster up. People just think it's funny that I'm sick, not sure why, they always laugh..

Oh, cool story, well experience.. I don't know. I did something cool. So last week I mentioned that everyone is harvesting rice, well on Friday, I got to help some people do it. We were waiting for an investigator to finish working in her rice paddy, and we saw some other people smashing rice against a little metal drum, to hit all of the rice off of the plant, and I immediately took off my shoes and socks, rolled up my pants and got in on that action. I got some pictures too, of me mively'ing some vary.

Mively vary







Another cool thing, so I've mentioned like a million times that the area is slow as heck right now, so instead of trying to find people to learn, we've been working with members to find Less Active's. We did that a bunch, and yesterday we had 4 less actives that we visited come back to church. I was way happy, and all the memebers were thanking us a ton, so I hope thay the returning memebrs stick with it.

The ward is really starting to pick up on helping us with missionary work, we had a big meeting talking about where investigators and LA's live, and now we have a lot of people going and fellowshipping on their own. It's still new, so there's more to come, but things are going good now.


I'm way glad to hear about Rep, that'd be so awesome if he got all his students to write me, I wonder how many of those kids know me anymore? All them sophomore kids are growin' up to be seniors now. P.S. I know it might be early, but I'm curious who is making the Grad Vid this year. Any idea? Tell Sheide he'd better not fall of the map so I can visit him again when I get home, too.

I have only seen Elder Steele a few times, but we don't really work with the AP's very much, unless you have interviews or rides, or whatever. But I don't see him any more than anyone else really. We've talked a bunch though, when I first got in country he called, then just whenever we see each other.

Check out the pictures. Love ya. I'll talk to you all soon.


Taylor














No comments:

Post a Comment